Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dancers Among Us

The hardest part of my self-imposed blogging hiatus last week was having to wait to share an amazing art project I discovered, Dancers Among Us. It's one part photography, one part guerrilla ballet that captures dancers in unexpected, everyday scenes. The final shots are gorgeous, not least because of the surprised reactions from some of the unsuspecting bystanders caught in the scene.







All of the images can be found here, along with many others well worth a browse, more information about the project, and some interesting behind the scenes videos that show how these scenes were captured.

In other news, I'm in the running for the Independent Book Blogger Awards on Goodreads. I normally don't do things like this, but I figured, why not? If you're on Goodreads and are so inclined, you can send a vote my way using the link in my sidebar. Ironically, I probably don't seem like much of a book blogger based on the topics of my recent posts. Don't worry, I haven't given up on reading, I'm just deep into the middle of 1Q84. I have about 300 pages left to go, so more coming soon on that, I promise!



6 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I'm trotting over to check out the rest of the images now. I particularly like the art gallery one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! I love this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! these are so beautiful. they remind me of the hallelujah flash mob video where folks are eating in a food court, and then half of them stand up and sing. i'll have to check out your link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing my Dancers Among Us photo project. I am very excited about the Dancers Among Us book published by Workman Publishing to be released this fall! To see more of the project check out my website: http://www.dancersamongus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are magnificent--thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails