Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday Fancies

Are you reading anything spooky to get in the Halloween mood? I just finished Career of Evil, the third installment of J.K. Rowling's mystery series written under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith, and while I didn't intentionally choose it to align with the season, the novel has enough creepy and suspenseful elements to make it a fitting choice for this time of year. Although I don't consider myself to be an aficionado of mystery novels, I absolutely love this series. Private detective Cormoran Strike and his partner, Robin Ellicot, are such rich, likable characters that I find myself more interested in seeing how their characters develop than solving the mystery of the plot.


Here are a few other things that have caught my eye lately:

The funniest Halloween costume idea I've seen so far this year.

An essay about Murakami in Hawaii.

A pistachio cream puff recipe to tie in to Elena Ferrante's My Brilliant Friend

A short story vending machine.

And last but definitely not least, my dog Millie has joined instagram! Follow her there and you'll get to see her in her Halloween costume on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails