Monday, March 1, 2010

Veggie Hog

Isn't this the cutest thing? My mom gave it to me. It's not a hedgehog, it's a veg-hog, used for scrubbing vegetables.

I tried it out when I made these really healthy stuffed sweet potatoes. The actual recipe is:

Bake the potatoes. In the meantime, slice a clove of garlic, cook it in olive oil until it's brown and crisp, then remove it from the pan and cook some kale or spinach in that oil. When the potatoes are done, top them with the leafy greens and a big scoop of ricotta cheese, and sprinkle the crisp garlic on top.

This time around, I substituted a shallot because the garlic at the grocery store looked pitiful. I also used broccoli to change up the greens and added a touch of red pepper flakes, which was a nice contrast to the coolness of the ricotta. So you see, it's definitely a flexible recipe.



1 comment:

  1. YUM. i'm totally making this tonight--i bought ricotta and everything! for how long do you bake the sweet potato?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails