Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Oatcakes

Today the award for favorite recently baked treat goes to Heidi Swanson's oatcakes, from her cookbook Super Natural Everyday. According to what Swanson writes in the recipe, oatcakes are apparently quite common in San Francisco bakeries. Although they look like muffins, their texture is closer to that of an oatmeal cookie. Their slightly sweet flavor and interesting texture perfectly compliment one another, and they're just healthy enough to justify eating them for breakfast. 


This is a must-try recipe (and it looks like you can find it here). 

4 comments:

  1. I like oats in baked goods! These look wonderful. I've checked out her book from the library before, but haven't made any of the recipes - I'd love to try these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them! As I side note, I substitute out two of the more obscure ingredients-spelt flour and coconut oil- and use regular flour and canola oil instead and they come out fine.

      Delete
  2. these look delicious! i'll check out the recipe - might add chocolate chips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that would be good! I've been trying to think of how to incorporate peanut butter somehow.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails