Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Fancies

In addition to catching up on the book's I've read in August, next week I'll also be sharing some pictures of a recent trip to Maine, as well as a visit to a winery where I may have inadvertently given the impression that I was drunk. I wasn't...stay tuned for the full story next week!

(A little Maine preview. Check out my pictures from last year, if you'd like.)

A few other links I've been saving up over the past month:

F. Scott Fitzgerald's essential reading picks.

A nice collection of vintage books on Etsy.


Speaking of bands, lately I've been listening to the new album by The Civil Wars nonstop.

My current favorite Twitter feed is econstyleguide. There's just something about getting little bits of grammar and usage advice throughout the day.

And late one night I discovered a funny, new-to-me show, Sullivan & Son. Has anyone else seen it? It's set in a Pittsburgh bar and feels like a modern day version of Cheers

3 comments:

  1. perhaps sullivan & son is also akin to "Its always sunny in philadelphia"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your photos and stories from your travels!

    I love The Bookshop Band - what a beautiful way to meld literature and music.

    I have seen one episode of Sullivan & Son and liked it, but I just don't watch much comedy these days - I should though as I could use a few laughs in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brooke! Been busy in the classroom, but happy to be back visiting! This photo of Maine needs a frame. We used to go every summer, but didn't make it this year. I look forward to hearing about your trip. And - appearing drunk but not? Mm-hmm?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails