Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Writers and Their Dogs

As a belated tribute to National Dog Day, which was yesterday, here are some fun pictures of famous writers and their furry friends.

Mark Twain
(image via here)

Charles Dickens
(image via here)

Maurice Sendak
(image via here)

Amy Tan
(image via here)

Ann Patchett
 (image via here)

P.G. Wodehouse
 (image via here)

Edith Wharton
(image via here)

I have a secret wish to recreate Edith Wharton's pose with Millie and Olive someday!

Which author/ dog pair is your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Edith Wharton definitely looks the most ... extravagant of those :) Mark Twain and his dog totally look alike when I look at the faces. I like all the photos, but Amy Tan and her dog look especially whimsical together on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Wodehouse and his dog look a bit alike in the face as well!

      Delete
  2. Well, with a little help you might be able to make your wish come true! You just need someone to catch them when they fall off your shoulders!

    i like them all! it's fun to see dickens and twain especially! joy to you, n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I think I could get one to sit on my shoulder, but two would really be a challenge.

      Delete
  3. Wow, how sweet. I love them all. I think my favorite has to be the one with Amy Tan. There is something about her smile...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails