Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Broccoli Grilled Cheese

It's been a while since I last blogged about cooking, but the arrival of the cooler fall weather has put me in the mood to get back in the kitchen and try out some new recipes. This one is less of a recipe and more of an impromptu creation that I made to replicate a broccoli and white cheddar panini that I tasted at a local bakery when I was in Maine this summer. To put it together I just sliced and caramelized some red onions in olive oil for about 15 minutes. While that was happening, I quickly steamed some broccoli to get the rawness out, then added them to the pan with the onions and sautéed them together for about 5 minutes. I layered the broccoli mixture on some bread with a few slices of white cheddar and pressed into a grilled cheese.


The combination is a bit out of the ordinary, but worth trying if you're in the mood for a new spin on grilled cheese. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I will try this one next time it's grilled cheese and soup dinner time around here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails