Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lavender Cookies

The cool weather on Saturday was perfect for baking, so I made a big batch of lavender cookies.

The ingredients are almost prettier than the finished product! Aside from the lavender, they're all really basic- flour, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla. The lavender doesn't make the cookies taste overwhelming or flowery in any way. They just taste like really good sugar cookies with a little something extra.


As a little bit of catch up, I also need to mention The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig. I finished it a couple of weeks ago, but have been putting off posting about it because I don't have that much to say. It's the sequel to The Secret History of the Pink Carnation, which I wrote about in one of my first posts. In a nutshell, I had picked up the second in the series from the dollar table at B&N, so I got the first one from the library. Positioned as historical mystery meets chick lit, I thought I would like the first book until it devolved into a romance novel. I pretty much felt the same about The Masque of the Black Tulip and probably won't be reading any more of this series.

1 comment:

  1. What would you recommend to pair with the lavender cookies-milk or tea? Yum!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails