Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Porridge

I've felt a bit remiss in recent days because I haven't posted about any pumpkin recipes. I feel out of step with the rest of the blog world, so to make up for it, here's my suggestion: Pumpkin Porridge.

It's really less of a true recipe and more of a general idea for adding a bit of pumpkin flavor to your breakfast. I used King Arthur Flour's Pompanoosuc Porridge (a mixture of steel cut oatmeal, bulger, and flax), but it could work with plain oatmeal, too. Once I prepared it according to the package, I stirred in a few tablespoons of canned pumpkin and added liberal sprinklings of cinnamon and nutmeg. Now it's not exactly as good as pumpkin pie, but it does bring a nice, seasonal flavor to a cool morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails