Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Well Covered Territory

It's no secret that I have a penchant for pretty or interesting book covers and like to collect different editions of my favorite books. A few new releases have caught my eye, any of which would make great additions to my bookshelf.

Penguin Classics (see here, here, and here for some past examples of me serving in my unofficial capacity their volunteer publicist) has put out a series of cloth editions of F. Scott Fitzgerald novels.


The covers, like on this edition of The Beautiful and the Damned, are all designed with an art deco inspired pattern.


And there are some new Jane Austen editions with illustrations by Audrey Niffenegger. I think this version of Persuasion is pretty great.


But now it's time for full disclosure: This entire post was just a thinly veiled hint. So, for any readers who also happen to be my mom, feel free to use these has holiday gift ideas!

3 comments:

  1. from one book cover admirer to another... I still can't move on to kindle... because of this reason...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And so appropriate for Fitzgerald!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there.

    I'm on a quest to purge unwanted books from my shelves, and to add more beautiful covers/editions.
    Although I bought Penguin's clothbound Wuthering Heights, I'm not really enamoured with the other editions. Especially P&P. I've been waiting and searching for the right Austen collection.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails