Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DIY Watercolor

I don't post many DIY craft projects around here, largely because I don't actually do too many of them. My mom has always been very crafty, though, and recently created a sweet watercolor portrait of Millie.


The process she used to make it began with a photo of Millie (her all-time favorite):


Then she used the Sketch Me! iphone app to turn the photo into a drawing:

After printing it out on watercolor paper and painting over it in a bold color scheme, it was ready to frame:


The simple process would be fun to try on other types of pictures, like a house or an interesting landscape. This one, though, will have a special place in a future wall grouping in my apartment.

4 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet water color of your dog. It's amazing that an app like this exists. They've really come up with so many creative ideas for the smart phone, haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'd like to do something similar with my cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. next up! a guest crafty post by Mrs. P! please let her know that is my request :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails