Monday, November 12, 2012

Faux-nuts

Living without heat last week turned out to be the perfect excuse to bake a lot as a way of using the oven to warm up my apartment. One of the new recipes I tried out was a Spiced Pumpkin Cookie recipe from the Pretty Delicious cookbook. They turned out to be a very odd little seasonal sweet. After baking, the cookies came out with a very cake-like consistency and never spread out into a flat, round shape. To top it off (pun intended), the pumpkin glaze for the topping turned out kind of sticky and never really hardened into an icing like the recipe promised. I was pretty disappointed and thinking that this recipe wasn't a keeper....until I tasted them and discovered that they tasted like really good, baked pumpkin doughnuts.


Their size and shape even makes them look a little like doughnut holes. They may not be the most photo-worthy of desserts, but if you're looking for a pumpkin-y treat for fall, or if your looking to fool someone into thinking that you slaved over homemade doughnuts, then this is your recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the most disappointing looking desserts can be the most surprisingly delicious!

    I love anything with pumpkin ~ yum!

    Do you have power now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks, and almost there with the heat/ hot water! And thanks for the tip about The Book Depository. I wasn't familiar with that site, but I have a feeling I'll be ordering from it in the future.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails