Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Fancies

It feels good to be back to a regular Friday roundup after the chaos of last week. I still don't have heat or hot water in my apartment so things aren't completely back to normal, but I do feel like I've more or less caught up with things. Now I feel in the mood to pull up a chair with a hot cup of tea and catch up with some things from around the blog world:


(photo taken in Copley Square, Boston)

First, I have to link to this post if only to say, check out the size of those meringues on the counter in the first picture!

Have you guys seen these Goodreads Live interviews yet?

Here's some unique semi-permanent jewelry in the form of a screw cuff bracelet.

On a less frivolous note, there are still a lot of hurricane related stories and pictures floating around the way. For me, the most jaw dropping were these interactive before and after satellite shots of the affected areas.

With 50% of proceeds going to charity, these prints by artist Sophie Blackall are one of the prettier relief efforts I've seen.

And yes, we did get a dose of wind, snow, and slush as Nor'easter came up the coast yesterday (salt, meet wounds). It actually wasn't that bad, though, and these photos take a beautiful view of the storm.

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? Or will you be getting a jump start on winter hibernation?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're still without heat and hot water! I hope it gets back up and running soon....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Does that mean a lot of working from home (shore)?

    I'm in SF for work, so I'll be spending the weekend in a windowless hotel ballroom, and flying back to the east coast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those before and after photos are shocking. Frighteningly so.

    I love the beautiful photos of the snow storm - nature can be so ugly yet so beautiful.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails