Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Fancies

The common theme among the links I have to share is that they made my To Read list grow a little longer this week. They also gave me a case of book envy. I'm currently reading The Warden by Trollope, and though I'm more or less enjoying it so far, I can't help but wish I were reading a couple of these instead.


(image via here--basically the 1946 version of me)

Not only did this article about Olivia Manning make me thrilled to see her getting more attention, but it has me itching to read the new biography that's out.

James Joyce's love of food--maybe I'll finally get around to reading Ulysses now that I know it's just an elaborate cautionary tale against eating alone in pubs.

I'll have to read Lauren Graham's novel before the TV series comes out.

NYRB just reissued The Turtle Diary by Russell Hoban. I only know him from my beloved Frances books, so I'm interested to try some of his adult fiction.

And last, but not least, a brief video about the legacy of Barbara Pym (of course I'm still eager to keep working my way through her novels).

What books are you most looking forward to reading lately?



1 comment:

  1. hello there - i'm reading teaching books. specifically about the new national standards. interesting to me, but not fiction!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails