Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trip to Purl

My friend Lara gave me a lovely gift for Christmas- a gift card to Purl yarn shop in Soho! Yesterday after work I made my first trip to the store, a bright blue little shop in the middle of a dark street.

I wish I had taken a more centered shot. It's a tiny, tiny store and I felt like I had to be stealthy with my picture taking.

Inside the walls are lined with shelves of pretty yarn.


They had this display showing different project ideas. They were also selling these really pretty shawl clips. I may have to get one if I can think of a good project to wear it on. Luckily, (and uncharacteristically) I saved some of my gift card for a future visit.

I came away with two skeins of purple lupin colored baby alpaca yarn for a hat. Pictures to come once I finish! Thanks again, Lara!

(Note the vintage knitting bag that my mom gave me,)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails