Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Solitude of Prime Numbers

I would really like to be able to recommend The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano, but I just can't. The ending was too much of a letdown. It follows two misfit characters in Italy from childhood to adulthood. The first 3/4 of the book kept me really enthralled. It's a case where the two main characters weren't completely likeable, but I still liked them anyway and was rooting for them. For me, the ending negated all the good that came before it. Not only was it not the ending that the story seemed to be building towards, but it was completely unfulfilling, leaving things way too unresolved. Sometimes I like that kind of thing, but not in this case. Boo!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails