Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gettting Exotic

My cooking triumph over the weekend was African Sweet Potato Stew with Red Beans. It was completely delicious. The potatoes and beans get some spice from green chilies, red peppers, and some ground ginger, and creamy peanut butter swirled in at the very end adds an incredible rich depth.

If I'm being honest, though, the name is really the most exotic thing about this recipe. Aside from the work of peeling and chopping a the potatoes, you basically just add a bunch of common ingredients to a pot and leave it alone to simmer. I got the recipe from JenLovesKev and, following her serving suggestion, made some cornbread to go with it. So good...this is definitely a new favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I definitely want to try this. It sounded so good when Jen posted about it, but with your stamp of approval, I'm putting it on the top of my meal list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Perfect with the corn bread! Healthy and delicious! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails