Monday, February 27, 2012

Best Dressed (and an Honorable Mention)

Did you watch the Oscars last night? More importantly, did you watch the red carpet to see what everyone was wearing? I didn't think anyone looked better than Gwyneth Paltrow did. She's a perennial favorite of mine and this was her best red carpet look in a long time. The simple dress and minimal hair and makeup looked fresh and modern, while her cape was unexpectedly elegant, reminding me of something Grace Kelly would have worn.


I also really liked Giuliana Rancic's dress, largely because (surprise, surprise) it had a hint of an Art Deco feel. Not entirely sure if she can be named one of the best dressed since she was there covering the red carpet rather than walking it, but definitely worth an honorable mention in any case.

(images via here and here)

Who were your favorites of the night? And question #2- Was anyone else happy to see Bret McKenzie win the award for best song, but also a secretly little disappointed that Jemaine didn't get a thank you in his acceptance speech? 

3 comments:

  1. Loved Gwynnie's dress!!! Sadly, she was about the only one I saw -- I only watched about 5 minutes of the show for the first time EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwyneth can really pull off the simple look, can't she? Not many actresses can do it effectively.
    I think my favorite dress was Michelle Williams's. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art Deco was exactly what I thought when I saw Guiliana's dress. Love the sleeves especially.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails