Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Regrouping

I recently gave the wall grouping above my sofa a little makeover. The "before" version looked something like this. I wasn't unhappy with it per se. I still liked all of the individual pieces, but found myself getting tired of that particular arrangement. I  removed a few pieces and added in some new items, both recent acquisitions and some long forgotten older pieces. The end result looks like this:


I kept one of my Black Apple prints in place, added an old Chagall print that I've had forever, two small canvases by Janet Hill, a mirrored frame from Pottery Barn (with a vintage author photo as a placeholder until I can find the right personal photo for it), and a vintage mirror matted with a page from an old encyclopedia that I picked up in Maine.




Have you done any redecorating lately?

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Those Janet Hill's are wonderful and I think I recognize the Jean Rhys ;)
    I've recently re-styled my mantel using my cloth bound Penguins, my small collection of Persephones and a painting my brother did for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Jean Rhys fit in perfectly :) Your mantel sounds lovely!

      Delete
  2. It looks great! Yes, I have been reorganizing my books and it has been a very happy experience. Actually it's been part of an overall reorganization of my home and it's making me feel quite light. Enjoy your new art wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love reorganizing and sorting through books. It's the one type of housekeeping that never feels like a chore.

      Delete
  3. It looks very nice. I like it. I haven't done any redocrating lately. But I do need to buy new frames for some photographs to hang up somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never seem to coordinate frames with photos. I always seem to have one ready to go without the other!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails