Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Easing Back In

Happy New Year! I think that January 2nd, and the back-to-reality rude awakening it brings, might just be the worst day of the entire year. Which means that 2013 should be uphill from here on out!

I always have big blogging plans for holiday breaks, but when the vacation days actually arrive, I just can't bring myself to sit in front of my laptop for any length of time. I decided to ease back into regular posting in the most painless way possible- by posting a few pictures from Christmas.

Pretty Packages



Beagles Opening Stockings: Before, During, After




Sweet Treats: Holiday Cupcakes; Mulled Wine; Poached Pears with Cranberries, Walnuts, and Blue Cheese




Tree Treasures




Anyone else having a hard time easing back into reality? More importantly, did anyone get any good books as gifts?

5 comments:

  1. I so agree about this day being miserable! I've been feeling melancholy and down today - tomorrow has to be better.
    Really lovely pictures - it looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.
    I didn't get any books for Christmas, but that is a good thing - the shelves are bulging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures! I especially like the packages and the puppies. :)

    I didn't receive any books this year, but I did give one as a gift: 'Gone Girl'. The recipient was thrilled to get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received a lot of books, but only one novel. 2 civil war battlefield travel guides, 3 cookbooks (clinton st bakery, a pie one, and dahlia), and the novel is Gone girl. Nate's mom was sneaky and looked at my goodreads list! Let me know if you want to borrow any! Also remind me to tell you about the macarons I had on xmas eve! And tell your mom her wrapping is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Team of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin. I asked for it after seeing the movie "Lincoln." I can't start it until I get In the Garden of Beasts finished (downer!)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am supposed to be reading "the count of monte christo" for a january book group meeting, but i'm only on page 7. i'll wait until summer break to really enjoy it.

    we don't ease back in at all! the children and i both started back to school today, and it's a sudden and abrupt change. nice, though! it was good to see everyone, and the kids enjoyed being with their friends. joy to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails