Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Fancies

There's a very good chance that my Friday posts for the next few weeks may fall into a repetitive pattern of gushing about the latest episode of Downton Abbey. Did you watch it last Sunday? It was a great episode that left me feeling reassured that the writing for the show is still in top form. There were so many little scenes that I loved, from the allegiance between Matthew and Tom to the running joke about the casualness of black tie tuxedos. And of course, Lady Violet's one-liners were better than ever and had me laughing out loud (and still chuckling about some of them the next morning).

Last but not least, I have to mention Mary's wedding look, especially her veil and headpiece. Weren't they gorgeous? I have a feeling it may spark a trend for early 1920's style weddings. At the very least, it prompted me to break my self-imposed rule about posting my own photos today. 


A few other things, just on the off chance you're not a Downton fan:

An interesting article discussing the unexpected connection between F. Scott Fitzgerald and PG Wodehouse


A lovely new blog venture that I'll be keeping my eye on.

And a little something for Martha Stewart fans. (Remember when I encountered her this summer?)

3 comments:

  1. Ploughing through the often dire series 3 (sorry to disappoint you!) was totally worth it for the wedding dresses. I love Mary's headpiece especially - so elegant! If I ever get married, I'll certainly be channeling her!

    Thank you so much for linking to our new blog - hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the headpiece, but not the dress! It was a bit too plain for me. I love the Martha style post - I do admire her - thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little plain. I liked it on her, but I'd probably look dowdy if I wore something like that.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails