Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Music

This past week I've had my ipod on full-on Christmas music rotation. I especially like listening to it at the office, where it makes all of my work seem so much cheerier. Here, in no particular order, are some of my favorites:
A Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi- probably some of the best Christmas music ever. Like those marathon showings of A Christmas Story, I could listen to this on a non-stop loop for 24 hours and never get tired of it.

Noel by Josh Groban- I bought this a couple of years ago for my mom and, at the time, never would have expected that it would become one of my favorites, but it has. Every song on it is great.


When My Heart Finds Christmas by Harry Connick- a modern classic, in my mind.


This Warm December by Jack Johnson and friends- this is filled with both old and new songs done by Jack Johnson, Rogue Wave, and other alternative and mellow-strumming types. It offers a nice change of pace when mixed in with other more traditional music.
I'd highly recommend buying or downloading all of these, plus as many versions as possible of my favorite Christmas song of all time, "Silver Bells". I love how it's all about shopping on bustling, decorated city streets. I always makes me picture Fifth Ave. in New York, right where that snowflake hangs over the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails