Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dreaming of a White Christmas


I couldn't believe the amount of snow that fell over the weekend. It's the most I remember ever coming before Christmas. White flakes were falling when I woke up on Saturday, and they kept coming at a steady pace into Saturday night. It made me thankful that I had already arrived home for my Christmas vacation and could stay snug inside, eating popcorn and hot chocolate while watching Christmas movies. Today I ventured out to take some pictures of the snow-blanketed scenery.


We must have gotten about two feet of snow. I put my wellies to work in the front yard.


I even got to try working the snow blower! It was pretty exciting for a few passes back and forth, but I don't think I would be able to keep it up for very long- it's harder than it looks.

The lights and snow looked even prettier at night.

There's a full nativity scene buried under there somewhere.

That speck of light in the upper right corner is actually a crescent moon.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails