Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree!

In honor of my last post before Christmas, I thought I'd give a quick tour of my family's tree. I'm sure that every family thinks their tree is the best, but I really do think ours might be a strong contender for the title, largely because we have such an eclectic mix of ornaments.

These first two are some of our antique ornaments that were passed down from my dad's grandmother. I think they're about 75 years old. The second one is Cinderella's coach and has always been considered the most special ornament on our tree.


Speaking of Cinderella, these are a set of Cinderella ornaments, including the prince, the fairy godmother, and the glass slipper.

This vintage, kitschy ornament is like a little dioramas. We have several of these and each one shows a different scene of the nativity or the wise men.


This is a vintage Snoopy:

And, as a way of remembering our real-life Snoopy, a picture ornament of our beagle Jasper.

This grouping shows my baby ornaments, a pear ornament that my mom glittered a couple of years ago, and, near the back, a glass ornament that we made with real Bermuda sand that we brought back from a cruise that my entire family went on back in 2000.


Here are some of the homemade ornaments I made through the years, plus some college ornaments and another little beagle.


And finally, every year we cut down our tree from a tree farm and several years ago, we found a perfectly formed empty bird's nest in the tree. My dad varnished it to preserve it and now, nestled in one of the inner branches, it's the perfect spot for this bird ornament.

And that's really only a fraction of our ornaments. I could show so many more, but I'll save something for next year...

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails