Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mexican Wedding Cakes

Yesterday I baked Mexican Wedding Cakes to bring into my office, where we're having a potluck of desserts and sweets for our Christmas party this year. The Mexican Wedding Cakes are actually cookies that are sometimes called by other names, like Snowballs or Russian Tea Cakes. They're a cookie that I first learned to make from a very sophisticated and professional cookbook:

This is left over from when my first grade class made different Christmas cookies from around the world. The recipe from the first grade cookbook didn't quite work out this year because it called for margarine, which I didn't have and didn't want to buy. I found another recipe online that called for only butter and it ended up working out pretty well. The dough is made from just a handful of ingredients, formed into balls, and then rolled in powdered sugar. Pretty basic, but very tasty.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails